List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    [Distutils] Question concerning dist_utils build_clib command
From:       martin.field () ibs ! fr (Martin Field)
Date:       2007-07-20 9:40:15

Hi again,

    As a follow up to my last posting, I have found a not very
elegant workaround which consists in modifying the appropriate
compiler flags in the compiler's compiler_so list. These ultimately
come from Python's make and include files via the function
"customize_compiler" in "distutils.sysconfig". Is there any
convenient way of altering these flags between calls to "setup"
which would avoid having to change or extend the distutils
code?

   Any help would be appreciated.

Martin.