List:       python-dev
Subject:    [Python-Dev] Need help to debug a ssl crash on Windows which prevents merging PRs
From:       Victor Stinner <vstinner () python ! org>
Date:       2021-05-28 16:40:24

Hi,

In the 3.10 branch, it became really hard to merge PRs because the
following ssl crashs on Windows:
https://bugs.python.org/issue44252

It has a failure rate 1/2 (on average) on the "Windows x86" and
"Windows x64" jobs of GitHub Action and on the Win32 and Win64 jobs of
the Azure Pipelines. I failed to reproduce it on an up to date Windows
10 with an up to date Visual Studio 2019.

I cannot say if it's a race condition, if it's a bug in Python, if
it's a bug in the tests (it sounds unlikely, it worked well previously
and it's a hard crash, not a Python exception), if it's a bug in the C
compiler or in Windows itself...

Since there are other random test failures like test_asyncio, it now
requires multiple "re-run jobs" on GitHub Actions. Example of
test_asyncio test which fails frequently on Windows:
https://bugs.python.org/issue41682

If someone can reproduce https://bugs.python.org/issue44252 crash on
Windows, can you please provide me a SSH access to your machine so I
can debug it? Here is my public SSH key:
https://github.com/vstinner.keys

Is there a way to get a SSH access to a machine of the GitHub Action
CI job or of an Azure Pipelines CI job?

Victor