List:       python-dev
Subject:    [Python-Dev] Re: Speeding up CPython
From:       "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw () u ! tsukuba ! ac ! jp>
Date:       2021-05-18 10:30:44

Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer writes:

 > That's why i guess what i am proposing might seem simple

I'm saying that we already have the simple version, spelled

    git clone; git checkout main~5000

then

    git log -U0 main~5000..main | grep -v '^[-+ ]'

which provides very nice hints for the diligent student, including
description, file, and even line numbers.[1]  Variations on that theme
will provide less detailed hints or you can cheat just a little by
replacing the "| grep" with "; sleep 2; clear".  The possibilities are
endless!

The curated version you propose is, in my "I do that for $DAYJOB"
opinion, very hard to do better than that.

Steve

Footnotes:
[1]  git is, in my opinion, the 42 of software development.  It is the
answer to life, the universe, and EVERYTHING. :-)