List:       python-dev
Subject:    [Python-Dev] Please refrain from posting on the PEP 8 threads for 24 hours
From:       Brett Cannon <brett () python ! org>
Date:       2020-06-30 17:31:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Regardless of what side you fall on, I think we can agree that emotions are
running very high at the moment. Nothing is going to change in at least the
next 24 hours, so I am personally asking folks to step back for at least
that long and think about:

   1. Is what you want to say going to contribute to the discussion?
   2. Is it being phrased in a polite, constructive fashion?

If after 24 hours of reflection you feel your email still meets these
criteria then I would say it's reasonable to send that email.