List:       python-dev
Subject:    [Python-Dev] Re: [Python-ideas] Re: Amend PEP-8 to require clear, understandable comments instead of
From:       Rhodri James <rhodri () kynesim ! co ! uk>
Date:       2020-06-30 14:08:49

On 30/06/2020 13:58, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> I wasn't speaking for the PSF or the Steering Council,

I'm afraid as politicians around the world discover on a daily basis, it
doesn't work that way.  Particularly on political matters such as this,
you do speak as a Steering Council member and PSF board member unless
you very explicitly say otherwise, and even then your comments will
reflect on both organisations.  This is the sort of behaviour that gets
local politicians suspended from their parties.

> nor was my intent to
> "silence or force out people guilty of thought-crime and holding the wrong
> opinion".

Perhaps you should re-read what you wrote.  "Unfriendly" is an extremely
polite term for the tone of it, and I for one felt threatened.

[Steven D'Aprano said:]
> > I think that Thomas' post violated the CoC:
> >
> Please report all CoC violations to the CoC WG.

Good point.  Duly done.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd