List:       python-dev
Subject:    [Python-Dev] Re: Timeline for 3.5.8
From:       Larry Hastings <larry () hastings ! org>
Date:       2019-09-20 3:06:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

3.5.8 final is kind of in limbo right now.   I had planned to release it
early next week, however a regression has come up, tracked here:

    https://bugs.python.org/issue38216

At the moment this is a Release Blocker for 3.5.8, and therefore I can't
release it.   Either we have to check in a fix, or we need to downgrade
the issue from Release Blocker.

As I mention on the issue, depending on the complexity of the fix for
this issue (if we go that route) I may do another rc before final.

In a holding pattern,

//arry/