On 14/05/2013 14:49, Tim Golden wrote: > On 14/05/2013 13:32, Philippe Fremy wrote: >> I have a reproducable crash on Windows XP with Python 2.7 which I would >> like to investigate. I have Visual Studio 2008 installed and I >> downloaded the pdb files. However I could not find any instructions on >> how to use them and was unsuccessful at getting anything out of it. >> >> I checked the developer guide but could not find anything on debugging >> crashes. On internet, this seems to be also an underdocumented topic. >> >> So, a few questions : >> - is there some documentation to help debugging crashes ? > I don't think there is. As you say, it's somewhat underdocumented. Maybe > someone else can point to something, but I'm not aware of anything. But what's the reason for releasing them ? If you need to recompile Python to use them, that would be strange because they are generated as part of the compilation process anyway. > Are you in a position to post a reproducible test case to the tracker? > Or were you holding back until you'd done some analysis? I can reproduce it systematically, with an open source project (I am debugging winpdb) but this occurs in a middle of a multithreaded XML-RPC server running a python debugger in another thread. So no, I don't have a test case and identifying clearly the bug would make me a small and happy python contributor. cheers, Philippe _______________________________________________ Python-Dev mailing list Python-Dev@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/python-dev%40progressive-comp.com