List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] Mercurial conversion repositories
From:       Barry Warsaw <barry () python ! org>
Date:       2011-02-26 20:49:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Feb 26, 2011, at 01:49 AM, Éric Araujo wrote:

>You speak to my heart, sir.  In your ~/.hgrc, under the section [ui],
>set "editor = path/to/mercurial/source/hgeditor" and enjoy your diffs.
>I use it and love it.

Except it doesn't quite work the way I want it to (hg 1.6.3).  It opens your
editor with two files, one is the commit message and the other is the diff.
(The script itself is a bit buggy too. ;)

But it's a good clue, and I've modified the default hgeditor script to get
closer, and fix the bug I noticed.  I basically append the diff to the
temporary log message file.  It's still not right though because if the diff
lines aren't prepended with 'HG:', they end up in the commit message.  Arg.

Oh well, I can clearly hack a more complicated script together.  It's such a
blindingly obvious improvement, it's too bad 'hg commit' doesn't DTRT by
default.

-Barry