List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] Mercurial conversion repositories
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2011-02-25 20:04:12

On 25/02/2011 20:43, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> One immediate thing that I'm missing from Bazaar is that 'bzr commit' invokes
> my editor and always shows me a 'diff -u' in the commit message buffer.  This
> is incredibly handy because I don't have to remember to do the diff in a
> different window, and I always have all the information I want right there to
> craft the commit message.  It doesn't look like this is possible with 'hg
> commit' though, right?

What you are asking for is available in TortoiseHg which absolutely
rocks (if you are not allergic to the idea of a graphical tool).

You can even select indvidually inside a file which lines to commit or
not. A bit risky but very handy when you have a few oneliners to commit
or not to commit.

cheers,

Philippe