List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] Thoughts fresh after EuroPython
From:       Michael Foord <fuzzyman () voidspace ! org ! uk>
Date:       2010-07-28 23:00:32

On 28/07/2010 23:57, Jesse Noller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Benjamin Peterson<benjamin@python.org>  wrote:
>
> > 2010/7/25 Stefan Behnel<stefan_ml@behnel.de>:
> >
> > > Nick Coghlan, 25.07.2010 08:29:

> > > IMO, it would be worth asking the other implementations if that is the case.
> > > It may well be that they are interested in implementing it anyway, so
> > > getting it into CPython and the other implementations at the same time may
> > > actually be possible. It wouldn't meet the moratorium as such, but it would
> > > absolutely comply with its goals.
> > >
> > Speaking from the PyPy perspective, syntax is not really a problem.
> > It, for example, took me ~1 week to more PyPy from 2.5 to 2.7 syntax.
> > A more interesting moratorium for us would be one on tests that are
> > not implementation portable. :)
> >

> I thought at the last two pycons, we've all discussed that we should
> have a system in place for marking tests *and* modules within the
> stdlib as "will only work on FooPython". I suspect that it's waiting
> on the shared-stdlib effort, which is waiting on mercurial (and time).

It is also one of the things Brett intends to work on if his proposal is
accepted by the PSF board.

Michael

> jesse

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your \
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all \
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, \
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies \
(”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, \
licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights \
and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from \
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.