List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] Mercurial?
From:       Ben Finney <ben+python () benfinney ! id ! au>
Date:       2009-04-07 6:25:09

Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> writes:

> Right. It's basically "Name Lastname <email>" -- we can verify that
> in a hook.

Remembering, of course, that full names don't follow any template
(especially not first-name last-name). The person's full name must be
treated as free-form text, since there's no format common to all.

--
 \     "We should strive to do things in [Gandhi's] spirit… not to use |
  `\   violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in |