List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] The path module PEP
From:       Michael Hoffman <hoffman () ebi ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-01-25 11:39:46

[Tony Meyer]

> It would be great (and save a lot of rehashing) if you could go over
> the python-dev discussion and add the relevant parts (for example,
> whether to include the __div__ hack) to the PEP:
>
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-June/054439.html>

In particular the points about Path being able to be a drop-in
replacement for str/unicode are useful ones, and explain the use of
joinpath() etc. It is really useful that I can use a Path anywhere I
might have used an str and not have to worry about the conversions.
--
Michael Hoffman <hoffman@ebi.ac.uk>
European Bioinformatics Institute