List:       python-dev
Subject:    Re: [Python-Dev] PEP 348 (exception reorg) revised again
From:       Brett Cannon <bcannon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-15 17:44:12

On 8/15/05, Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 15 August 2005 14:16, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>
> > -1 on replacing "except (KeyboardInterrupt, SystemExit)" with "except
> > TerminatingException".
>
> The rationale for including TerminatingException in the PEP would also be
> satisfied by having a TerminatingExceptions tuple (in the exceptions
> module?). It makes sense to express the classification of exceptions that are
> intended to terminate the interpreter, but we dont need to express that
> classification as inheritence.

While the idea is fine, I just know that the point is going to be
brought up that the addition should not be done until experience with
the new hierarchy is had.  I will add a comment that tuples can be
added to the module after enough experience is had, but I am not going
to try pushing for this right now.

Of course I could be surprised and everyone could support the idea.  =)

-Brett