List:       python-db-sig
Subject:    Re: [DB-SIG] dsn syntax
From:       "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal () egenix ! com>
Date:       2014-08-21 12:57:49

On 20.08.2014 18:58, Wilson, Derek S wrote:
> What is the proper syntax for DSN? Is it only host:database or is there some other \
> way to specify a DSN?

As others have noted, this is database module dependent.

The Python DB-API does not mandate a particular syntax for the
DSN field, since databases typically have their own ideas of how to
specify the data source, e.g. this may be a data source registered
with an ODBC manager, a config file of a client lib, a plain
host name or even a file name.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 21 2014)
> > > Python Projects, Consulting and Support ...   http://www.egenix.com/
> > > mxODBC.Zope/Plone.Database.Adapter ...       http://zope.egenix.com/
> > > mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2014-09-19: PyCon UK 2014, Coventry, UK ...                29 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/