List:       python-db-sig
Subject:    [DB-SIG] decimal datatypes (pyodbc)
From:       mkleehammer () gmail ! com (Michael Kleehammer)
Date:       2006-04-03 20:17:21

> According to the homepage for pyodbc, pyodbc supports decimal data types,
> but when I try to copy a row from one table to another, I'm getting:
>
> pyodbc.NotSupportedError: ('Python type Decimal not supported.  param=26',
> 'HY097')

Mike Dewhirst,

Thanks for reporting this.

Apparently the Decimal support wasn't complete.  They were returned
when selecting DECIMAL and NUMERIC columns but couldn't be used as
parameters.

I've implemented the necessary code in 2.0.18 which is ready for download.

Thanks again,
Michael Kleehammer

PS,
While we do monitor this newsgroup, if you create a bug report on
sourceforge.net
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=162557&atid=824254) it will
send us an email right away.