List:       python-db-sig
Subject:    [DB-SIG] External procedure
From:       andy47 () halfcooked ! com (Andy Todd)
Date:       2005-11-11 8:15:04

Lucas Alvarez wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to create a trigger that runs a python script, is that possible?
> I'm using oracle 9i.
> I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
>
> Lucas Alvarez

Oracle stored procedures can be developed in either PL/SQL or Java.
That's about it I'm afraid.

You can, of course, write Python programs that access Oracle databases
but sadly there is currently no way of making them run natively in the
database. As Marc-Andre suggested you could think about developing your
code in Jython but it would have to be turned into Java bytecode before
you loaded it into Oracle, which rather defeats the purpose I fear.

Although, correcting myself, if you want to upgrade to Oracle 10.2 and
only run on Windows you can develop stored procedures in any language
that runs on the CLR;

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/mastering_dotnet_oracle/williams_sps.html

Regards,
Andy