List:       python-db-sig
Subject:    [DB-SIG] newbie question regarding mxODBC
From:       mal () lemburg ! com (M ! -A !  Lemburg)
Date:       2001-10-08 15:54:50

Ana Must wrote:

> Hello,
>
> using mxODBC, I can successfully connect to an Access
> database and execute queries. I would like to get the
> list of the existing tables in the database, but I
> don't know how.
> When I use the Cursor method tables(), I just get
> the value -1.

.tables() generates a result set which you must fetch from
the database using e.g. .fetchall().

The layout of the result set is documented in your ODBC driver
manual but should usually be a superset of what is defined in the
ODBC standard documentation (see the mxODBC docs for a link to the
Microsoft pages on this).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH