List:       python-cpp-sig
Subject:    [C++-sig] Linking debug/release using MSVC
From:       Glenn Ramsey <gr () componic ! co ! nz>
Date:       2011-10-03 2:54:22

When making a debug build (using MSVC on Windows) of an extension module using
Boost.Python it is possible to link with a release build of pythonXX.lib.
However this appears to not be possible for modules wrapped using SIP or SWIG
E.g. [1].

How does Boost.Python do this?

The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to do the same with SIP, if
that is possible, to avoid having to link the debug python lib and having to use
debug builds of all the dependencies of the program.

Glenn

[1]
<http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/C_Extensions#head-9856dda242437add8bd932e4a1df17b9cef95112>