List:       python-cpp-sig
Subject:    Re: [C++-sig] Help with converters ...
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-10-19 18:44:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Michele!

On Montag 19 Oktober 2009, Michele De Stefano wrote:
> Now, when I try to implement the "convertible" static member function
> of the converter class, I write this (I've extracted only the
> interesting part):
>
> [...]
> 	extract<const tuple&>
>              get_tup0(in[0]),
>              get_tup1(in[1]);

This looks like the problem to me; you're effectively trying to get a
*reference* from python, i.e. this can only work if there is already an
*existing* boost::python::tuple object hidden in (in[0]) and (in[1]).
(This will typically only work with BPL-exported C++ objects wrapped into
their python shells.)

I'd try simply removing the const &: extract<tuple>..

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.