List:       python-cpp-sig
Subject:    [C++-sig] porting Qt 3.3.x to python
From:       meine () kogs1 ! informatik ! uni-hamburg ! de (Hans Meine)
Date:       2005-11-29 14:35:36

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 18:03, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> > Can I tell boost to use qt objects from PyQt instead of generating it's
> > own version of them?
>
> That's probably something you'd have to figure out yourself. A few months
> ago someone asked a similar question regarding SWIG. It was surprisingly
> easy to support passing SWIG-wrapped objects to Boost.Python wrapped
> functions:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cctbx/boost_adaptbx/swig_arg.hpp?view
>=markup
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cctbx/boost_adaptbx/swig_args_ext.cpp
>?view=markup
>
> If you are lucky, maybe something similar works for SIP. You'd have to find
> out how the SIP wrapping mechanism works.

Yes, it is possible; for example I did it with code fragments like these (this
is also a hint for Jan Langer how such a thing could look like):

#include <sipvigraqtDeclvigraqt.h> // my SIP module was called vigraqt

PyObject *getViewer()
{
    return sipMapCppToSelfSubClass(
        somehowGetViewer(), sipClass_QImageViewer);
}

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT(sipbridge)
{
    def("viewer", &getViewer);