List:       python-cpp-sig
Subject:    [C++-SIG] Newcomer
From:       guido () cnri ! reston ! va ! us (Guido van Rossum)
Date:       1998-01-26 16:34:57

> I'd like to suggest to send this text to every new subscriber so
> they'll get an idea immediately (i subscribed to a
> genetic programming list and they have a very good text
> they send to every new subscriber, i found this very
> helpful.)

Wouldn't it be better to place such an introductory text on the SIG's
web page?  That will inform people even *before* they subscribe...
Surely in this day and age we can assume people have access to the
web?

I know the logistics of getting a SIG's web page are a little more
involved than they ought to be -- our webmaster, Ken Manheimer, has
set up a nice scheme so SIG owners can update their own web pages but
it isn't always convenient.  However I promise that if you mail
whatever you want to be put up there to webmaster@python.org (or to
me) it will be dealt with.

C++-SIG - SIG for Development of a C++ Binding to Python

send messages to: c++-sig@python.org
administrivia to: c++-sig-request@python.org