List:       python-catalog-sig
Subject:    Re: [Catalog-sig] A 90% Solution
From:       PJ Eby <pje () telecommunity ! com>
Date:       2013-03-12 15:28:54

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal@egenix.com> wrote:
> Not hard to do: we'd just need to keep the old index in place
> using a different URL, e.g. /simple-v1/.

That's not necessary: the XML-RPC API lets you query those URLs
directly.  They're part of the metadata standard, after all...  which
means you can *also* access them by downloading the DOAP records,
browsing the PyPI pages directly, etc.

There are plenty of ways to get that data, no point adding another one.