List:       python-catalog-sig
Subject:    Re: [Catalog-sig] bad package that's fishing bitbucket emails
From:       m t <dreamabyss () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-30 0:11:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hi,
yuval and michael were right (attached below is bitbucket's reply), i =
definitely over-reacted
hopefully there is some way for you guys to automatically detect =
nefarious packages from entering pypi
thanks for the communication, top-notch
good job with the feedback and discussion,
mt

and here is bitbucket's reply to my notifying them of that repo:

Brodie Rao, Mar 29 13:07 (PDT):
Hi mt,

I don't think that user's phishing; he's just using our CNAME feature =
that lets him point a domain name to his Bitbucket profile and =
repositories.

You'll get different opinions from other people on the Bitbucket team, =
but I'm personally not a fan of the feature because of the confusing =
security implications it has (as you've found out). It does indeed lead =
you to log into the site using his domain name.

We may look into improving how logins work on CNAMEs in the future. For =
now, you can still view his repositories on bitbucket.org directly. I =
recommend doing that if you don't trust the owner of the domain name.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Brodie