List:       python-catalog-sig
Subject:    [Catalog-sig] New Trove Classifiers
From:       Yannick Gingras <ygingras () ygingras ! net>
Date:       2007-11-06 18:18:55

Greetings Catalogers,
  I'm about to release setuptools_git and as you know, it obsoletes
gitlsfiles.  I will also put up an empty release of gitlsfiles with
the classifier

  Development Status :: 7 - Inactive

But as Maris Fogels pointed out,

  Development Status :: 8 - Renamed

or

  Development Status :: 8 - Deprecated

might be more appropriate.  A future release of easy_install could
even, in the case of "Renamed", infer the new name from meta-data and
install that instead.  Is this the kind of classifiers you would add?

Also, I notice that there are many "Framework ::" classifiers but two
major Python web frameworks are missing:

  Framework :: Django
  Framework :: Pylons

Best regards,

--