List:       python-catalog-sig
Subject:    Re: [Catalog-sig] PyPI and Wiki crawling, and a CDN
From:       Ben Bangert <ben () groovie ! org>
Date:       2007-08-13 18:23:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> People have offered hardware (i.e. internet-connected machines).
> What's missing is volunteers to maintain them.

I believe ideally there should be at least 2 machines to handle PyPI,
so that maintenance can be performed without taking PyPI down. I can
volunteer myself right now, and can ask if there's some sysadmin's
willing to volunteer maintenance time on the Pylons and TurboGears
lists, as our frameworks rely rather heavily on PyPI being available.

Are the people offering hardware/hosting still willing?

Cheers,
Ben
["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]