List:       python-capi-sig
Subject:    [capi-sig]Re: New pythoncapi GitHub organization and creation of a test suite for the Python C API
From:       Brett Cannon <brett () python ! org>
Date:       2018-09-03 20:22:05

I'm afraid this disagreement is technically endless. To help settle this
why don't we try writing tests without Cython to show how us core devs want
the tests to behave and then those promoting Cython can convert them and
show us how it would work and how out worries of using the API under test
by Cython isn't a worry? Otherwise this will continue to be a subjective
argument between test isolation versus test writing productivity