List:       python-announce-list
Subject:    structlog 21.1.0
From:       Hynek Schlawack <hs () ox ! cx>
Date:       2021-02-18 16:24:01

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce the release of structlog 21.1.0.

With almost a million downloads per month, structlog is the most popular solution for \
structured logging in Python. It doesn't just allow you to log key-value pairs in a \
structured manner, it also makes it EASIER and FASTER. Check out \
<https://www.structlog.org/en/stable/why.html> if you're intrigued but not convinced!

Heartfelt thanks go to my generous GitHub sponsors \
<https://github.com/sponsors/hynek>, companies subscribing on Tidelift \
your boss!), and people who bought me a coffee on <https://ko-fi.com/the_hynek>!

Support like that makes me work on FOSS on a Saturday afternoon, so please consider \
supporting me <https://hynek.me/say-thanks/> too! <3

-----

21.1.0 is mostly a bugfix release, but rewrite of the contextvars support could be a \
big deal to some of you.

Cheers,
Hynek

All Changes
=========

Backward-incompatible changes:

none

Deprecations:

none

Changes:

-   structlog.threadlocal.wrap_dict() now has a correct type annotation. #290
-   Fix isolation in structlog.contextvars. #302
-   The default configuration and loggers are pickleable again. #301
-   structlog.dev.ConsoleRenderer will now look for a logger_name key if no logger \