List:       python-announce-list
Subject:    ANN: v0.2 of PipeController released; now supports running pipes incrementally
From:       vasudevram <vasudevram () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-28 0:47:49

I've released v0.2 of PipeController, my experimental tool to simulate pipes in \
Python.

It can be downloaded here:

http://dancingbison.com/pipe_controller-v0.2.zip

Changes in v0.2:

- module name changed to avoid clashes with pipes module in the standard Python \
library; the module is now called pipe_controller.py instead of pipes.py;

- you can now pass input and output filename arguments on the command in your program \
that calls PipeController, instead of having to use I/O redirection;

- you can now import class PipeController from the module,  with:

from pipe_controller import PipeController

- you can now run a PipeController pipe incrementally, i.e., run the pipe in a loop, \
adding a pipe component (a Python function) in each iteration, and it can save the \
intermediate outputs resulting from each iteration, to separate output files; the \
program test_pipe_controller_03.py in the download package shows how to do this. This \
feature can be useful to debug your pipe's logic, and also to save the intermediate \
computation results in case they are of use in their own right.

Blog post about using PipeController v0.2 to run a pipe incrementally:

http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2012/09/using-pipecontroller-to-run-pipe.html

- Vasudev Ram
www.dancingbison.com
jugad2.blogspot.com