List:       python-3000
Subject:    [Python-3000] PEP3137: str8() and str() comparison
From:       Thomas Lee <tom () vector-seven ! com>
Date:       2007-10-15 13:10:22

I just uploaded a patch with all my progress on str8/str comparisons here:

http://bugs.python.org/issue1263

I would really like some help from anybody knowledgeable with the
following tests:

test_compile
test_str
test_struct
test_sqlite

As discussed in the issue tracker, these are all failing for various
reasons: in all cases I'm not exactly sure how to progress.

The following are also failing for me, although this would appear to be
unrelated to my patch:

test_doctest
test_email
test_nis