List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    [pypy-dev] py 3.6 bytecode changes, state of py3.6
From:       Carl Friedrich Bolz <cfbolz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2018-05-12 14:54:36

Hi all,

Today I found out why on the py3.6 branch dis does not work properly.
It's because cpython 3.6 switched to a slightly different bytecode
format, where every instruction is 16 bit long, see these issues:

https://bugs.python.org/issue26647
https://bugs.python.org/issue28050

Do we want to implement that too, so that we stay closer to what CPython
is doing? Or should I partially undo the 3.6 changes to dis.py to fix
it?

Also, does anybody have a high-level overview which big things are
missing on the py3.6 branch? Or what the current blockers are?

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich