List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    Re: [pypy-dev] memory control in Python (fwd)
From:       "Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury () shurup ! com>
Date:       2015-08-15 11:01:26

On Sat, 2015-08-15 at 12:40 +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:

> Cursory googling for CPLEX indicates it's written in C++. Do we have
> any joy for this man?

CPLEX is a commercial linear & quadratic optimization package currently
developed by IBM; the Python bindings are just an interface to the C API
that is provided by the optimization kernel.

It has to be analyzed where the memory usage comes from: if it's CPLEX
kernel itself, then there is no joy (well, at least if it's being used
correctly), and if it's Python (which is doubtful, but possible) there
might, or might not be any.

Either way, I guess it's his job to find this out :-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev