List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    Re: [pypy-dev] Running pypy unit tests
From:       Vaibhav Sood <vaibhav_sood () persistent ! com>
Date:       2015-08-06 14:23:50

This helps, thanks for the replies!
From: Maciej Fijalkowski [fijall@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 2:45 PM
To: Armin Rigo
Cc: Vaibhav Sood; pypy-dev@python.org

It's maybe worth noting additionally that running a full test suite
takes several hours, so we don't recommend it as a way to do
development.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Armin Rigo <arigo@tunes.org> wrote:
> Hi Vaibhav,
>
> On 5 August 2015 at 10:22, Vaibhav Sood <vaibhav_sood@persistent.com> wrote:
> > The way I run the tests is “./pytest.py <folder>” for each folder in the
> > source code, I get the test results all folders but the command hangs for
> > one particular folder “pypy/module”
>
> By "each folder" we mean "each individual 'test' subfolder".  The
> pypy/module directory contains a large number of subdirectories, each
> with their own tests, so you should not run all the pypy/module tests
> at once.
>
> Yes, there is an automatic way.  However in general we don't use it
> ourselves.  It is used automatically by the nightly test runs which
> show up at http://buildbot.pypy.org (when the web site is not down
> like now...).
>
> Instead, when we do changes somewhere, we run directly the tests in
> the "test" subdirectory of where we did the changes, and if they pass,
> we commit.  In the rare case where this breaks things at some
> unrelated place, we will notice the next morning after the nightly
> run, and fix it then.
>

> A bientôt,
>
> Armin.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property \
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or \
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not \
authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have \
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies \
of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus \
infected mails.