List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    Re: [pypy-dev] Python Execution Contexts Ch.2
From:       Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-28 8:44:41

> It looks like python@ is more appropriate for basic questions about the
> usage of the existing language. My question is about internal mechanism that
> supports language design. Not only asking about existing behavior, but also
> about why this behavior can not be changed. I thought that people who are
> writing Python in Python are more skilled to answer such questions. In the
> end, I understood that PyPy project was created so that people who can't
> read C could still understand and experiment with their own language, no?

We can explain to you how stuff works. Why not change it? Because
python-dev said "no". Please take it with them, we don't deal with
language design. People *can* experiment with the language whatever
they like. If they find their experiments working, they can take
python changes with python-dev, we'll not participate in this
discussion.

You're not asking how it's implemented though, you're asking why it
works the way it works, and this is totally not for us to answer - we
just copied cpython semantics and this is what we're going to keep.
Please take this discussion somewhere else.