List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    [pypy-dev] =?utf-8?q?Integrate_Clyther_into_PyPy=3F?=
From:       GW <gw.2013 () tnode ! com>
Date:       2013-03-08 19:08:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I am wondering why is there a proposal to provide only a
compatible working NumPy CPU implementation for PyPy? Aren't NumPy
operations more suited for GPGPU (eg. OpenCL or CUDA) and supporting
them would result in a greater performance boost than just CPU?

great project thet seems to have implemented all aspects of
parallization, also uses JIT ideas, and has a NumPy-compatible interface
(with exchangable backend/context implementation) is Clyther
(http://srossross.github.com/Clyther/ [1]). In my opinion it would be
great to join the efforts, combine the knowledge and code, and create
something really powerful.

Maybe the developers, knowledge, or code
from Copperhead (http://copperhead.github.com/ [2]) could also help
(although it seems they are approaching the problem differently).

Greetings,
 gw

Links:
------