List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    [pypy-dev] Is PyPy appropriate for Django?
From:       Andy <angelflow () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2011-08-24 21:26:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

In the PyPy benchmark there's a Django test that shows tremendous speedup of Django \
when running PyPy-JIT. But that is just for Django templates. What about the other \
parts of Django?

1) For URL routing Django uses the re module, which is a C extension. Would JIT work \
with that?

2) Other parts such as DB driver also contains C code, again would that work with \
JIT? I suppose I could use a pure Python driver, but would a JIT'd pure Python driver \
be much slower than a native driver?

In general are there any rules of thumbs regarding PyPy and C extensions - what \
works, what doesn't?

Thanks.