List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    Re: [pypy-dev] Performance challenge of mutating class variables
From:       Marius Gedminas <marius () pov ! lt>
Date:       2011-06-10 7:49:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 02:13:56PM +0200, Antonio Cuni wrote:
> On 17/05/11 14:11, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> > Which reminds me that we should *really* start running python 2.7 as a
> > baseline python
>
> for this, it should be "enough" to upgrade ubuntu on tannit, which comes with
> python2.7.  Unless we decide that we want to stay with the LTS release.

If you want to stay with an LTS, you can get Python 2.7 from this
"quasi-official" PPA: https://launchpad.net/~pythoneers/+archive/lts

There's also another PPA, called "deadsnakes", with more Python versions
available: https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/deadsnakes

Marius Gedminas
--
Mosher's Law of Software Engineering: