List:       pypy-dev
Subject:    Re: [pypy-dev] Separate compilation and friends
From:       Michael Foord <fuzzyman () voidspace ! org ! uk>
Date:       2011-02-16 12:30:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 15 February 2011 01:13, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There is growing interest about PyPy and especially about extension
> modules. Apparently there are some people (like Alex) that are willing
> to write modules in RPython that should not go to the main tree.

As a side note I think Alex's code *should* go in the main tree. It is
really *needed* to work with django and pypy (at least for those using
postgres which is a significant proportion of django users) and it would be
much better [for pypy] if that "just worked" out of the box.

Michael

> Since
> separate compilation is considered hard, how hard would it be to
> provide separate loading? This would mean you still compile the whole
> interpreter, but you can load the module from a compiled PyPy that
> didn't have this option on.
>
> Cheers,
> fijal

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/