List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [pyqtdeploy] Failing at building the demo
From:       Charles <peacech () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-04-20 13:57:37

-lQtMultimedia means that you are linking with QtMultimedia.so.

The first thing you do is check is your /usr/lib directory whether that
file exists: cd /usr/lib && find | grep -i qtmultimedia

Then if the file is not found, you check the list of files your
qtmultimedia5-dev package has. You'll see that it has Qt5Multimedia.so.

So then what you need to do is just symlink it

ln
-s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Multimedia.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtMultimedia.so

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 8:21 PM umbertofilippo <umbertofilippo@tiscali.it>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > https://github.com/achille-martin/pyqt-crom
> >
> > This repo aims at demonstrating how beginner devs, intermediate devs and
> > expert devs can benefit from pyqtdeploy.
> > It also offers a few simple tutorials to get started with pyqtdeploy
> > (simpler than the demo in the official pyqtdeploy package) and optimises
> > bits of the tool regarding the user interface (for now).
> >
> > I can support you with your initial journey on discovering pyqtdeploy
> > through my repo if you wish.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > KC
> >
> > Le jeu. 7 mars 2024 Ã  17:06, umbertofilippo <umbertofilippo@tiscali.it>
> > a écrit :
> >
> > Hello everyone, first time here for me :)
> >

> > I was giving pyqtdeploy a try and I am stuck at the very first step of
> > the "Building the Demo" page.
> >

> > I am on a Linux-64 machine. I am following the tutorial at
> > https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/demo.html and
> > I have downloaded the demo files from
> >
> > https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/44/d4/978017382f0ecc48601944c3fc0f58a5c5075a1d3acd48d09c11ee471b05/pyqtdeploy-3.3.0.tar.gz
> >

> > I have created a virtual python environment with the following packages
> > and versions installed:
> >
> > Name,Version
> > _libgcc_mutex,0.1
> > _openmp_mutex,4.5
> > bzip2,1.0.8
> > ca-certificates,2024.2.2
> > ld_impl_linux-64,2.40
> > libexpat,2.6.1
> > libffi,3.4.2
> > libgcc-ng,13.2.0
> > libgomp,13.2.0
> > libnsl,2.0.1
> > libsqlite,3.45.1
> > libuuid,2.38.1
> > libxcrypt,4.4.36
> > libzlib,1.2.13
> > ncurses,6.4
> > openssl,3.2.1
> > pip,24.0
> > pyqt5,5.15.10
> > pyqt5-qt5,5.15.2
> > pyqt5-sip,12.13.0
> > pyqtdeploy,3.3.0
> > python,3.12.2
> > readline,8.2
> > setuptools,69.1.1
> > tk,8.6.13
> > toml,0.10.2
> > tzdata,2024a
> > wheel,0.42.0
> > xz,5.2.6
> >
> > I have tried to run the command "python build-demo.py" straight away,
> > but I am getting the following error:
> >
> > OpenSSL: verifying...
> > OpenSSL: determining installed version from
> > '/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h'.
> > pyqtdeploy-sysroot: OpenSSL: unable to extract the version number.
> >

> > OpenSSL is installed on my machine and the result of doing "openssl
> > version" is "OpenSSL 3.2.1 30 Jan 2024 (Library: OpenSSL 3.2.1 30 Jan
> > 2024)"
> >

> > Am I supposed to install the exact versions of all the components found
> > in the ""sysroot.toml" file to be able to run "python build-demo.py"

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

                style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">
-lQtMultimedia means that you are linking with QtMultimedia.so.</div><div \
class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div \
class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">The first thing you do \
is check is your /usr/lib directory whether that file exists: cd /usr/lib &amp;&amp; \
find | grep -i qtmultimedia<br></div><div class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div \
class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">Then if the file is \
not found, you check the list of files your qtmultimedia5-dev package has. You&#39;ll \
see that it has Qt5Multimedia.so.</div><div class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div \
class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">So then what you need \
to do is just symlink it</div><div class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div \
class="gmail_default" \
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small">ln -s  \
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Multimedia.so  \
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtMultimedia.so

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:21 PM umbertofilippo &lt;<a \
href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt; \
wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px \
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

      project and I got the error: &quot;Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in
      QT: multimedia linux&quot;</p>
      QtMultimedia on my system (Linux Mint 20).</p>
      libqt5multimedia5-plugins` (not sure if all were necessary), and
      now during the make command I receive a new error:</p>
      directory<br>
      collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status<br>
      make: *** [Makefile:210: memory] Error 1<br>
      search I could figure it out.</p>
      could not find the proper page with a list of all the needed
      libraries.<br>

          to the `sysroot.toml` first.</div>
          `sysroot.toml`. (The component plugin for PyQt5 will work
          there). Look at the `Pyqt5.Linux` section and add QtMultimedia
          to the list of modules (QtWidgets should already be there for
          instance).  </div>
          automatically detect QtMultimedia which you can tick.  </div>
          does not seem that you need any other dependency so you can
          ghead with this change and build.  </div>
              umbertofilippo, &lt;<a href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it" \
target="_blank">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt;  wrote:<br>
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div>
                  game, whose source you can find here: <a \
href="https://github.com/umbe1987/memory" rel="noreferrer" \
target Linux-64.<br>  </p>
                  try to launch my application in the build-linux-64
                  directory, I see this error:<br>
                     File &quot;memory.py&quot;, line 6, in &lt;module&gt;<br>
                     File &quot;<a href="http://bootstrap-3.11.0.py" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">bootstrap-3.11.0.py</a>&quot;,  line 1178, in _find_and_load<br>
                     File &quot;<a href="http://bootstrap-3.11.0.py" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">bootstrap-3.11.0.py</a>&quot;,  line 1142, in \
_find_and_load_unlocked<br>  ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
                  &#39;PyQt5.QtMultimedia&#39;<br>
                  memory.pdt`), but in the Packages tab I cannot see
                  QtMultimedia listed anywhere.</p>
                  file, but I was wondering if I am doing anything
                  wrong.</p>
                  sysroot = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  sysroots_dir = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  parts = [ &quot;Python:random&quot;, \
                &quot;PyQt:PyQt5.QtWidgets&quot;,
                  &quot;Python:glob&quot;, &quot;Python:os&quot;, \
                &quot;PyQt:PyQt5.QtCore&quot;,
                  &quot;PyQt:PyQt5.QtGui&quot;, &quot;SIP:PyQt5.sip&quot;, \
&quot;PyQt:PyQt5&quot;,]<br>  <br>
                  [Application]<br>
                  entry_point = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  is_console = false<br>
                  is_bundle = false<br>
                  name = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  qmake_configuration = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  script = &quot;memory.py&quot;<br>
                  syspath = &quot;&quot;<br>
                  [Application.Package]<br>
                  name = &quot;data&quot;<br>
                  exclude = [ &quot;*.pyc&quot;, &quot;*.pyd&quot;, \
                &quot;*.pyo&quot;, &quot;*.pyx&quot;,
                  &quot;*.pxi&quot;, &quot;__pycache__&quot;, &quot;*-info&quot;, \
&quot;EGG_INFO&quot;, &quot;*.so&quot;,]<br>  [[Application.Package.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;back.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;img&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = true<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;analisiapprofondita.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;cagnaccioselvaggio.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;diamanteocchidileone.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;lameraviglia.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;leggedelpiuforte.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;lucertolacrogiolante.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;ricercaossessiva.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;ruggitodelwurm.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;studioaccurato.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;Tropicalisland.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;wurmarrogante.jpg&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;sound&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = true<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;end.wav&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;fail.wav&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                  [[Application.Package.Content.Content]]<br>
                  name = &quot;success.wav&quot;<br>
                  included = true<br>
                  is_directory = false<br>
                    installing all the Qt for X11 requirements for
                    Linux!!!</p>
                    my machine (Linux Mint 21):</p>
                    requirements which has a missing match on my system,
                    I am marking it down below:</p>
                    sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1-dev
                    libfreetype6-dev libx11-dev libx11-xcb-dev
                    libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxi-dev libxrender-dev
                    libxcb1-dev libxcb-glx0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev
                    libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-icccm4-dev
                    libxcb-sync0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev
                    libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev
                    libxcb-render-util0-dev libxkbcommon-dev
                    libxkbcommon-x11-dev libxcb-xinerama0-dev # instead
                    of &quot;libxcd-xinerama-dev&quot;</p>
                        test the solution as soon as I can and report
                        back on the result.</div>
                        do &quot;sudo apt-get install libxcb-util-dev&quot; as
                        explained in <a \
href="https://forum.qt.io/topic/125582/qt-5-15-2-do-not-build-libqxcb-so-but-at-the-same-time-qt-5-14-0-successfully-build-libqxcb-so/4?_=1710013170647&amp;lang=it" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://forum.qt.io/topic/125582/qt-5-15-2-do-not-bui \
ld-libqxcb-so-but-at-the-same-time-qt-5-14-0-successfully-build-libqxcb-so/4?_=1710013170647&amp;lang=it</a>
  and run &quot;build-demo.py&quot; again.</div>
                            Charles <a href="mailto:peacech@gmail.com" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">&lt;peacech@gmail.com&gt;</a>  ha scritto:<br \
                type="attribution">
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div dir="ltr">
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">Do
  you have libxcb.so platform plugin in
                                  your qt directory?</div>
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">If
  not you need to rebuild qt again, make
                                  sure that requirements listed at <a \
href="https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-requirements.html" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-requirements.html</a>  are installed and \
make sure the xcb  platform plugin is built.<br>
                                  8:38 PM umbertofilippo &lt;<a \
href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt;  wrote:<br>
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div>
                                      KC&#39;s three lines trick and it did
                                      the job.</p>
                                      error, which is<br>
                                      Generating the Makefiles...<br>
/home/umberto/games/python/pyqt-demo/sysroot-linux-64/Qt/bin/qmake
                                      -recursive PyQt5.pro<br>
                                      sip-install:
                                      \
                &#39;/home/umberto/games/python/pyqt-demo/sysroot-linux-64/Qt/bin/qmake

                                      -recursive PyQt5.pro&#39; failed
                                      returning 3<br>
                                      Info: creating stash file
                                      /tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/.qmake.stash<br>
                                      Reading
                                      /tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/QtCore/QtCore.pro<br>
                                      Reading
                                      /tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/QtNetwork/QtNetwork.pro<br>
                                      Reading
                                      /tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/QtGui/QtGui.pro<br>
                                      Reading
                                      /tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/QtWidgets/QtWidgets.pro<br>
                                      Reading
                                      \
/tmp/tmphwkq3ix1/QtX11Extras/QtX11Extras.pro<br>  Project ERROR: Unknown module(s)
                                      in QT: x11extras<br>
                                      pyqtdeploy-sysroot: execution of
                                      &#39;sip-install&#39; failed: returned
                                      exit code 1</p>
                                      again in case it&#39;s useful to
                                      better understand what went wrong.</p>
                                      here?<br>
                                      this thread not only will fix my
                                      issues but also will serve as a
                                      reference for building with a
                                      Linux machine (or me and for
                                      others hopefully).</p>
                                      wrote:<br>
                                          \
&quot;qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.15.10.tar.xz&quot;  is the right file you are
                                          looking for.</div>
                                          \
&quot;pyqtdeploy/sysroot/plugins/Qt.py&quot;  is looking for
                                          &#39;qt-everywhere-src-{}.tar.xz&#39;</div>
                                          (#53) in
                                          \
&quot;pyqtdeploy/sysroot/plugins/Qt.py&quot;with:</div>  <div>`
                                          qt-everywhere-opensource-src-{}.tar.xz
                                          `</div>
                                          encounter problems down the
                                          line probably...</div>
                                          with Qt5.15.2 and do necessary
                                          changes.<br>
                                          built
                                          qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.15.10.tar.xz
                                          from source manually and tell
                                          pyqtdeploy where to look for
                                          Qt install (but that&#39;s a bit
                                          more painful).</div>
                                          2024 Ã   19:21, umbertofilippo
                                          &lt;<a \
href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt; a  écrit  :<br>
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div>
                                              feedback,</p>
                                              update the sysroot.toml
                                              like this:</p>
##########################################################################<br>
                                              [Qt]<br>
                                              version = &quot;5.15.10&quot; #
                                              original was &quot;5.15.2&quot;<br>
                                              edition = &quot;opensource&quot;<br>
                                              to download the qt source
                                              can no longer be found.</p>
                                              component...<br>
                                              Qt: looking for
                                              \
&#39;qt-everywhere-src-5.15.10.tar.xz&#39;  in
                                              \
/home/umberto/games/python/pyqt-demo.<br>  Qt: downloading
                                              \
&#39;qt-everywhere-src-5.15.10.tar.xz&#39;  from <a \
href="https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/</a>...<br>  \
Qt: &#39;<a href="https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/qt-everywhere-src-5.15.10.tar.xz" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/qt-everywhere-src-5.15.10.tar.xz</a>&#39;
  was not found.<br>
                                              pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Qt:
                                              unable to find
&#39;/home/umberto/.pyqtdeploy/cache/qt-everywhere-src-5.15.10.tar.xz&#39;.</p>
                                              can see in <a \
href="https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.10/single/</a>  is
                                              \
                                              to solve this you can
                                              think of I will probably
                                              try to test adding those 3
                                              lines to
                                              qtbase/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h</p>
                                              your kind and feedback,
                                              much appreciated!<br>
                                              Chief wrote:<br>
                                                  Charles&#39; answer, it
                                                  seems like someone
                                                  found a quick fix with
                                                  GCC11, in case you are
                                                  reluctant to move back
                                                  to GCC10: <a \
href="https://forum.qt.io/topic/136672/error-installing-qt-everywhere-src-5-15-2-on-ubuntu-22-04/2" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://forum.qt.io/topic/136672/error-installing-qt-everywhere-src-5-15-2-on-ubuntu-22-04/2</a>
                                                  at the top of
                                                  qtbase/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h
                                                  : (I haven&#39;t tested
                                                  that)<br>
                                                  #include
                                                  &lt;limits&gt;<br>
                                                  #endif</div>
                                                  associated is: <a \
href="https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-90395" rel="noreferrer" \
                been fixed
                                                  </strong> <span \
style="height:auto">  <a \
href="https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?jql=project+%3D+QTBUG+AND+fixVersion+%3D+5.15.9" \
                rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">QT5.15.9</a>, but since you are \
                using the default
                                                    QT5.15.2, well it&#39;s
                                                    not fixed.</span></div>
                                                    regards,</span></div>
                                                  mars 2024 Ã   18:28,
                                                  Charles &lt;<a \
href="mailto:peacech@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">peacech@gmail.com</a>&gt;  a écrit  :<br>
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div dir="ltr">
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">With
  C++ the relevant
                                                      error is the first
                                                      error line, the
                                                      rest is usually
                                                      noise. If you
                                                      google gcc
                                                      numeric_limits is
                                                      not a class
                                                      template you will
                                                      find <a \
href="https://bugs.gentoo.org/768342" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">https://bugs.gentoo.org/768342</a>  <br>
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
style="font-family:&quot;arial&quot;,&quot;helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">If
  you use gcc 11
                                                      then use gcc 10
                                                      otherwise patch qt
                                                      headers as in <a \
href="https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=92d54be896563102786238893a9c645b8bdb43ef" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=92d54be896563102786238893a9c645b8bdb43ef</a><br>
                                                      Sat, Mar 9, 2024
                                                      at 12:49 AM
                                                      umbertofilippo
                                                      &lt;<a \
href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt;  wrote:<br>
0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div>
                                                          to remove
                                                          OpenSSL from
                                                          the
                                                          &quot;sysroot.toml&quot;
                                                          since it is
                                                          not required,
                                                          and now the
                                                          process seems
                                                          to go further,
                                                          but I am stuck
                                                          at a new
                                                          error:</p>
                                                          host
                                                          architecture
                                                          &#39;linux-64&#39;...<br>
                                                          Verifying
                                                          target
                                                          architecture
                                                          &#39;linux-64&#39;...<br>
                                                          zlib:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          Qt:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          Python:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          SIP:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          PyQt:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          PyQt3D:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          PyQtChart:
                                                          verifying...<br>
PyQtDataVisualization: verifying...<br>
PyQtNetworkAuth: verifying...<br>
PyQtPurchasing: verifying...<br>
                                                          QScintilla:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          zlib:
                                                          installing
                                                          component...<br>
                                                          Qt: installing
                                                          component...<br>
                                                          Qt:
                                                          downloading
                                                          \
&#39;qt-everywhere-src-5.15.2.tar.xz&#39;  from <a \
href="https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.2/single/" rel="noreferrer" \
                target="_blank">https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.15/5.15.2/single/</a>...<br>

pyqtdeploy-sysroot: execution of &#39;./configure&#39; failed: returned exit
                                                          code 2</p>
                                                          the cause of
                                                          this new
                                                          error? I see
                                                          there is a new
                                                          folder now in
                                                          the original
                                                          pyqt demo
                                                          directory
                                                          called
                                                          \
&quot;sysroot-linux-64&quot;  and inside I
                                                          see there&#39;s
                                                          \
&quot;sysroot-linux-64/build/qt-everywhere-src-5.15.2&quot;  with a
                                                          &quot;configure&quot;
                                                          file, but
                                                          other than
                                                          this I have no
                                                          clue sincerely
                                                          on why it is
                                                          failing.</p>
                                                          attached the
                                                          content of
                                                          running
                                                          build-demo.py
                                                          with --verbose</p>
                                                          can help me.
                                                          Thanks.<br>
                                                          12:18,
                                                          umbertofilippo
                                                          wrote:<br>
                                                          thanks for you
                                                          feedback!</p>
                                                          all let me
                                                          tell that I am
                                                          very
                                                          interested in
                                                          finding a
                                                          solution to
                                                          this problem,
                                                          and I will try
                                                          to do my best
                                                          if I can
                                                          contribute in
                                                          case it&#39;s
                                                          needed.</p>
                                                          checked, and
                                                          this is what I
                                                          can see in my
/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h file. Cannot tell though if pyqtdeploy
                                                          is supposed to
                                                          work or not
                                                          given these
                                                          lines...<br>
                                                            * SECTION 4:
                                                          BACKWARD
                                                          COMPATIBILITY<br>
                                                            */<br>
                                                          # define
                                                          OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT
                                                          &quot;OpenSSL 3.0.2
                                                          15 Mar 2022&quot;<br>
                                                          /* Synthesize
OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER with the layout 0xMNN00PPSL */<br>
                                                          # ifdef
                                                          \
OPENSSL_VERSION_PRE_RELEASE<br>  #   define
                                                          \
_OPENSSL_VERSION_PRE_RELEASE  0x0L<br>
                                                          # else<br>
                                                          #   define
                                                          \
_OPENSSL_VERSION_PRE_RELEASE  0xfL<br>
                                                          # endif<br>
                                                          # define
                                                          OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER      \
  \<br>
                                                                 (
                                                          \
(OPENSSL_VERSION_MAJOR&lt;&lt;28)                \<br>

                                                          \

                                                          \

                                                          \
|_OPENSSL_VERSION_PRE_RELEASE  )<br>
                                                          # ifdef
                                                          __cplusplus<br>
                                                          }<br>
                                                          # endif<br>
                                                          # include
                                                          \
&lt;openssl/macros.h&gt;<br>  # ifndef
                                                          \
OPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED_3_0<br>  #   define
                                                          HEADER_OPENSSLV_H<br>
                                                          # endif<br>
                                                          #endif         <br>
                                                          19:11, Kaiser
                                                          Chief wrote:<br>
                                                          complement my
                                                          previous
                                                          message (and
                                                          after doing a
                                                          quick search
                                                          through the
                                                          source code):</div>
                                                          script
                                                          &quot;OpenSSL.py&quot;
                                                          is looking for
&quot;OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER&quot; in \
&quot;/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h&quot;</div>  <div>* In
                                                          OpenSSL 1.1.1
                                                          (which is
                                                          installed on
                                                          my Linux), I
                                                          can see the
                                                          line &quot;#define
OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER&quot; in   &quot;/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h&quot;.<br>
                                                          check that you
                                                          have that line
                                                          in your header
                                                          file too?</div>
                                                          it&#39;s probably
                                                          that OpenSSL
                                                          updated their
                                                          header files
                                                          and put the
                                                          VERSION_NUMBER
                                                          somewhere
                                                          else...</div>
                                                          want to run
                                                          the demo, I
                                                          would
                                                          recommend you
                                                          install the
                                                          default
                                                          versions as
                                                          written in the
                                                          `sysroot.toml`</div>
                                                          are fixes to
                                                          make for each
                                                          &quot;version
                                                          grepping&quot;, I
                                                          believe that
                                                          Phil had a way
                                                          to contribute
                                                          to plugins for
                                                          pyqtdeploy,
                                                          but can&#39;t
                                                          remember
                                                          where...<br>
                                                          regards,</div>
                                                          Ã   17:56,
                                                          Kaiser Chief
                                                          &lt;<a \
href="mailto:kaiser.chiefmail@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">kaiser.chiefmail@gmail.com</a>&gt;  a écrit  :<br>
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid \
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">  <div dir="ltr">
                                                          to the sysroot
                                                          help page (<a \
href="https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#openssl" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#openssl</a>),
  if you have
                                                          configured
                                                          your
                                                          `sysroot.toml`
                                                          like this:<br>
                                                          ```</div>
                                                          <pre>[OpenSSL.linux]
version = &quot;&quot;
install_from_source = false</pre>
                                                          ```</div>
                                                          Linux, the
                                                          OpenSSL
                                                          library used
                                                          will be the
                                                          one installed
                                                          on your OS
                                                          with no
                                                          assumption on
                                                          the version
                                                          (so that
                                                          should work in
                                                          your example).</div>
                                                          that&#39;s what is
                                                          provided in
                                                          the demo
                                                          folder for
                                                          `pyqtdeploy-3.3.0`,
                                                          so that&#39;s odd.</div>
                                                          it could be
                                                          that the
`pyqtdeploy-sysroot` functionality is struggling to extract the version
                                                          number from
                                                          your
                                                          OS-installed
                                                          OpenSSL.</div>
                                                          of great help
                                                          with that
                                                          comment,
                                                          however, I
                                                          would like to
                                                          suggest, if
                                                          it&#39;s your
                                                          first time
                                                          with
                                                          pyqtdeploy to
                                                          give a try at
                                                          my Github
                                                          repo: <br>
                                                          <a \
href="https://github.com/achille-martin/pyqt-crom" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">https://github.com/achille-martin/pyqt-crom</a>  <br>
                                                          aims at
                                                          demonstrating
                                                          how beginner
                                                          devs,
                                                          intermediate
                                                          devs and
                                                          expert devs
                                                          can benefit
                                                          from
                                                          pyqtdeploy.<br>
                                                          offers a few
                                                          simple
                                                          tutorials to
                                                          get started
                                                          with
                                                          pyqtdeploy
                                                          (simpler than
                                                          the demo in
                                                          the official
                                                          pyqtdeploy
                                                          package) and
                                                          optimises bits
                                                          of the tool
                                                          regarding the
                                                          user interface
                                                          (for now).</div>
                                                          support you
                                                          with your
                                                          initial
                                                          journey on
                                                          discovering
                                                          pyqtdeploy
                                                          through my
                                                          repo if you
                                                          wish.<br>
                                                          regards,</div>
                                                          Ã   17:06,
                                                          umbertofilippo
                                                          &lt;<a \
href="mailto:umbertofilippo@tiscali.it" rel="noreferrer" \
target="_blank">umbertofilippo@tiscali.it</a>&gt;  a écrit  :<br>
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid \
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hello  everyone,
                                                          first time
                                                          here for me :)<br>
                                                          I was giving
                                                          pyqtdeploy a
                                                          try and I am
                                                          stuck at the
                                                          very first
                                                          step of <br>
                                                          the &quot;Building
                                                          the Demo&quot;
                                                          page.<br>
                                                          I am on a
                                                          Linux-64
                                                          machine. I am
                                                          following the
                                                          tutorial at <br>
                                                          <a \
href="https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/demo.html" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/pyqtdeploy/demo.html</a>
  and <br>
                                                          I have
                                                          downloaded the
                                                          demo files
                                                          from <br>
                                                          <a \
href="https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/44/d4/978017382f0ecc48601944c3fc0f58a5c5075a1d3acd48d09c11ee471b05/pyqtdeploy-3.3.0.tar.gz" \
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/44/d4/9780173 \
82f0ecc48601944c3fc0f58a5c5075a1d3acd48d09c11ee471b05/pyqtdeploy-3.3.0.tar.gz</a><br> \
                                                          I have created
                                                          a virtual
                                                          python
                                                          environment
                                                          with the
                                                          following
                                                          packages <br>
                                                          and versions
                                                          installed:<br>
                                                          Name,Version<br>
_libgcc_mutex,0.1<br>
_openmp_mutex,4.5<br>
                                                          bzip2,1.0.8<br>
ca-certificates,2024.2.2<br>
ld_impl_linux-64,2.40<br>
                                                          libexpat,2.6.1<br>
                                                          libffi,3.4.2<br>
libgcc-ng,13.2.0<br>
                                                          libgomp,13.2.0<br>
                                                          libnsl,2.0.1<br>
libsqlite,3.45.1<br>
                                                          libuuid,2.38.1<br>
libxcrypt,4.4.36<br>
                                                          libzlib,1.2.13<br>
                                                          ncurses,6.4<br>
                                                          openssl,3.2.1<br>
                                                          pip,24.0<br>
                                                          pyqt5,5.15.10<br>
pyqt5-qt5,5.15.2<br>
pyqt5-sip,12.13.0<br>
pyqtdeploy,3.3.0<br>
                                                          python,3.12.2<br>
                                                          readline,8.2<br>
setuptools,69.1.1<br>
                                                          tk,8.6.13<br>
                                                          toml,0.10.2<br>
                                                          tzdata,2024a<br>
                                                          wheel,0.42.0<br>
                                                          xz,5.2.6<br>
                                                          I have tried
                                                          to run the
                                                          command
                                                          &quot;python
                                                          build-demo.py&quot;
                                                          straight away,
                                                          but I am
                                                          getting the
                                                          following
                                                          error:<br>
                                                          OpenSSL:
                                                          verifying...<br>
                                                          OpenSSL:
                                                          determining
                                                          installed
                                                          version from <br>
&#39;/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h&#39;.<br>
pyqtdeploy-sysroot: OpenSSL: unable to extract the version number.<br>
                                                          OpenSSL is
                                                          installed on
                                                          my machine and
                                                          the result of
                                                          doing &quot;openssl
                                                          version&quot; is
                                                          &quot;OpenSSL 3.2.1
                                                          (Library:
                                                          OpenSSL 3.2.1
                                                          30 Jan 2024)&quot;<br>
                                                          Am I supposed
                                                          to install the
                                                          exact versions
                                                          of all the
                                                          components
                                                          found <br>
                                                          in the
                                                          \
&quot;&quot;sysroot.toml&quot;  file to be
                                                          able to
                                                          run  &quot;python
                                                          build-demo.py&quot;
                                                          successfully?<br>