On 09/03/2024 14:06, Pei Jia wrote: > Hi, all: > > > I think my issue mentioned in the title is due to Qt5 version > incompatibility. > > /ImportError: > ~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so: undefined > symbol: _ZdaPvm, version Qt_5/ This is due to a Glibc compatibility with PyQt5 and Qt5, see below. > I manually installed the newest Qt-5.15.12 already. I assume you mean PyQt5-Qt5 v5.15.12. > However, due to https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5/ , PyQt5 is still > 5.15.10  . > > > That probably caused the above error. No. PyQt5 and PyQt5-Qt5 do not have to have the same version number. > Wondering if two packages: PyQt5 and Qt5 itself are maintained > respectively by the same group and at the same time? > > Well, anyway, can anybody please help to upgrade PyQt5 from 5.15.10 to > 5.15.12? The root cause of the problem is that I am trying to use the same Linux installation to build for PyQt5/Qt5 and PyQt6/Qt6. This is not sustainable as the build environment for Qt5 is fixed (as Qt5 is no longer supported) but the build environment for Qt6 continues to move on and diverge. I will resolve this when I create an Qt5 build environment based on an older version of Glibc. In the meantime I think you have to upgrade to a newer Glibc or downgrade PyQt5. Phil