On 06/03/2024 08:48, Julien Cabieces wrote: > Hi, > > According to quite recent PEP 702 [0] targeted for python version 3.13, > it will be possible to add @deprecated decorator to functions and > classes so they could be identified statically by linter. > > For now, thanks to the Deprecated annotation, SIP is able to flag a > method/class deprecated and will display a message whenever the > class/method is called at runtime. > > But, it would be a nice improvment to detect them statically. > > I think that one way to do it would be to add the decorator in SIP > generated pyi files. I have tested it with pyright and it works. > > Could this be implemented ? > > And could it be possible to add a specific message to the Deprecated > annotation, like "This method X() is deprecated, use Y() instead" > > Regards, > Julien > > [0] https://peps.python.org/pep-0702/ Can you raise an issue... https://github.com/Python-SIP/sip/issues Thanks, Phil