List:       pykde
Subject:    Why does a modal QMessageBox need a =?UTF-8?Q?parent=3F?=
From:       c.buhtz () posteo ! jp
Date:       2023-08-11 10:14:21

Hello,

I do use PyQt5. I use the static methods of QMessageBox to create modal
message box with informations, warnings, etc.
According to the docu [1] it seems that the first parameter is the
parent.

But why do I need "parent" when the dialog is modal? It works well when
"parent=None". I see no problem. Are there any shortcomings makeing
"parent=None"?

Thanks in advance
Christian

[1] --