List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: Is there a pip command line option for a debug build PyQt6_sip?
From:       John Ehresman <jpe () wingware ! com>
Date:       2023-07-29 13:22:09

I ended up scripting the unpacking of the tarball, updating setup.cfg and then \
building. PyQt6_sip uses setuptools as the build backend. The base sip project also \
uses setuptools and has the same issue; I had already automated the updating of \
setup.cfg for sip but had forgotten that I did. I wasn't able to find a general \
solution for setuptools based projects.

John