List:       pykde
Subject:    segfault inheriting from an enumeration in pyqt5 (noticed via mypy stubtest)
From:       "Kyle Altendorf" <sda () fstab ! net>
Date:       2022-11-28 16:11:40

While checking the PyQt5-stubs package with updated mypy [0] we noticed segfaults \
when running stubtest.  Apparently they added a feature that verifies classes not \
marked as final are in fact inheritable.  This triggered the segfault as noted in the \
mypy issue report [1].  Specifically, a file with contents as below will result in a \
segfault, at least in Linux with PyQt5==5.15.7

    import PyQt5.QtBluetooth
    class segfault(PyQt5.QtBluetooth.QBluetooth.AttAccessConstraint): ...

I don't know what it would take to fix this, or how much maintenance is still being \
done on PyQt5, but figured I'd at least bring this up.  Inheriting from this \
particular class does result in a sensible Python exception with PyQt6, at least.

Cheers,
-kyle

[0] https://github.com/python-qt-tools/PyQt5-stubs/pull/202
[1] https://github.com/python/mypy/issues/14196#issuecomment-1328115190