List:       pykde
Subject:    pyqtdeploy: ssl with Qt 5.15.x installer on windows?
From:       Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-11-04 1:15:29

On windows I am running into the max file path problem building Qt ia
pyqtdeploy sysroot. So I am trying to use the Qt-5.15.2 installer with
*install_from_source
= false* in sysroot.toml. But this seems to break ssl support in Qt, giving
the following error from qsslsocket.cpp:

QSslSocket::connectToHostEncrypted: TLS initialization failed

AFAIK this usually means that openssl isn't installed via the Qt installer,
but it is. Is there something special that needs to be done on the
pyqtdeploy project?

Cheers,
-Patrick