List:       pykde
Subject:    Error message on import of QWebEngineView
From:       David Cortesi <davecortesi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-10-13 17:55:02

When my code, long subsequent to creating the QApplication and a main
window, hits this statement,

    from PyQt6.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView

the following error message appears,

Qt WebEngine seems to be initialized from a plugin. Please set
Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts using QCoreApplication::setAttribute and
QSGRendererInterface::OpenGLRhi using QQuickWindow::setGraphicsApi before
constructing QGuiApplication.

I could do the first thing at the time I create the QApplication, but I
never have cause to import QQuickWindow and don't want to.

Can anybody shed light on what this is about?