List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: PyQt5 distributable?
From:       Renee Otten <reneeotten () macports ! org>
Date:       2021-12-10 16:59:40

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your response!

I guess my thinking was that there are several ".so" files in PyQt that link to the \
QtNetwork library of Qt5, which in turn links to OpenSSL. My very limited, \
potentially incorrect, understanding was that PyQt5 would be considered a "derivative \
work" because since it "uses anything that even indirectly uses something else that \
uses openssl."

Anyway, if you give permission (and I'll happily take your response as doing that) \
then I will include the exception for our PyQt5 port.

Thanks again,
Renee