List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] QLabel with scaled contents pixmap not updated after painting
From:       Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-11-26 13:51:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Il giorno mar 26 nov 2019 alle ore 14:00 Florian Bruhin <me@the-compiler.org>
ha scritto:
> I can reproduce with Qt 5.14, but I don't think it necessarily is a Qt
bug.

> Looking at the code, turning on scaledContents resizes the underlying
pixmap
> once and then caches it:

https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/v5.14.0-beta3/src/widgets/widgets/qlabel.cpp#L1092-L1104

Oh, I see.

> What's your actual usecase? You could probably either modify/redisplay the
> pixmap, or perhaps have a widget with a transparent background over the
QLabel
> instead.

I don't really need it right now, I just stumbled upon it from this
question:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/59047167/2001654

I can understand the behavior (and the necessity for caching), and the fact
that
technically it's not a bug, but still looks a bit consistent and might be
useful
to notify the team (possibly by adding a note in the docs).

Thank you,
Maurizio
--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi