List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt]  =?utf-8?q?=3F=3D=3D=3Futf-8=3Fq=3F__pyqtdeploy_Windows_er?=
From:       "Marius Shekow" <marius.shekow () fit ! fraunhofer ! de>
Date:       2019-07-31 8:39:55

Hi Rob,

no, by default the Qt5 wrapped by PyQt is dynamically built on Windows.
If you are looking to deploy PyQt5 applications EASILY, use PyInstaller. Using \
pyqtdeploy requires deeper knowledge and understanding of how to build and distribute \
Qt-based C++ applications. This is something that (pure) Python developers do not \
possess by default.

In your case, when distributing the exe to other users, you should also put the \
various Qt-DLLs next to the exe file for it to find it. Typically you don't do this \
manually, but use the Qt tools. https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html has \
more information.

Best regards!
Marius