List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] pyqtdeploy for Android target
From:       Phil Thompson <phil () riverbankcomputing ! com>
Date:       2019-02-24 15:37:11

On 24 Feb 2019, at 7:10 am, Dark Penguin <darkpenguin@yandex.com> wrote:

> Could someone please provide a working combination of versions and
> options for building a "hello world" application with pyqtdeploy for
> Android?
>
> I can successfully use pyqtdeploy to build a print("Hello world")
> application for Linux with any versions and options combination, but
> building for Android fails for various reasons no matter what I try.
> After a while, I realized that for now it doesn't work out of the box -
> I need to hunt for specific configurations in order for it to work. I
> couldn't find any on the Internet - only a couple of posts basically
> saying "It doesn't work, I gave up after a few weeks".
>
> If the latest versions of everything are supposed to work, I can post
> details about what I've tried, but for now it seems pointless since
> apparently I must begin with using a working combination of versions and
> options.

The versions used in the demo are shown in the screenshot. The toolchain versions \
aren't shown but are the ones used to build Qt as defined in the Qt documentation.

I'm currently adding support for 64-bit Android (now that the Qt installers include \
the relevant libraries). I will update the docs to include the toolchain versions \
used to build the demo.

Phil