List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Structuring build PyQt5 app with CPython PyQt extension
From:       Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-20 18:45:59

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to best structure dev builds for my PyQt5 app which \
includes one internal sip/qt extension with no additional dependencies.

Ideally a developer could check out the project repo and work on it without having to \
build their own Qt/Python/PyQt/PyQtPurchasing from source. I imagine "pip install \
pyqt" would do it.

But they will still need to build the internal Python/Qt extension to run the app in \
dev. So far I copied and edited the configure.py from PyQtPurchasing to generate a \
.pro file for the extension. It works OK for me, but the file/dir structure feels \
messy and difficult to conceptualize, and only on Mac.

Can anyone suggest an ideal project structure for dev? Should I just maintain a .pro \
file for my extension with relative paths to the user's SYSROOT?

Cheers,
-Patrick